Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yes.... you can call me crazy.....

But for only one reason! So don't get in the habit of calling me that.

Now with fall coming on, we've been noticing a few signs of small rodents in our home. If you know me, you know that if I can't handle one thing.... it is small rodents.

So the only thing I could think of was this:

I never thought I would say this, but we now have a kitten.

And yes, I know we already have a small petting zoo.... which is why the crazy part is legit.





The kids adore him, we think he's super cute, and Maggie is less than enthused.... she'll get used to it.

Now we just need to settle on a name. We've thought about Cookie, Cowboy, or Petey but nothing has stuck yet. Any suggestions? (He's orange with some slight stripy-ness.)

11 comments:

Leesa Marie Jones said...

Hopefully he'll do his duty and take care of your "small rodent problem". I'm so sorry you have that problem in the first place. I think I would have to move if I had that problem!

Giggles said...

No idea what you should call him. But I think your daughter's smile in that picture says it all. :D

Ronda said...

You should have saved him for this weekend and gave him to Livia for her birthday.

Ronda said...

Brynja will be SO excited to see this kitty on Sunday

Sally said...

we actually are calling it one of her bday presents. just an early one. i really liked this guy and didn't think he'd be around until saturday.

Lindalu said...

Sorry Sal, but I think cookie. cowboy or petey are all dog names!!! I think it is really cute!!

Lindalu said...

Sorry Sal, but I think cookie. cowboy or petey are all dog names!!! I think it is really cute!!

Lindalu said...

He looks like a carmel roll from ND.

Lindalu said...

How about Janx.

Jared and Allyson said...

Oh my goodness - you ARE CRAZY! ;) Atleast it's a cute little kitten. I think I could tolerate having one of them except for the fact that they turn into cats (which I'm not such a fan of). Good luck! Hopefully you won't see any more rodents now that you have this new family member.

Janelle said...

Ideas for names for your cat... We named Chauncey, our dog, after an ancestor. You could find one with the same personality as him, and name it that.