Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Little Christmas Cheer (in the form of a ball)

Today I made our Christmas neighbor treats. I decided to get a little more festive and add a little color to them... pretend the pink is actually red and we're in business. (My green food coloring has not reappeared since its last usage, which was in Orem, so I'm pretty sure it's not currently in my house...)

Just to add a little more to the post, I'll put the recipe up... because Oreo Balls are pure yumminess. Mmmm mmmmm.

Oreo Balls
1 package oreo cookies
1 package cream cheese
1 package vanilla almond bark

Crush cookies until fine. (I like to use a food processor, it's much quicker than actual crushing. A blender works too, but not as well.) Stir crushed cookies and cream cheese together. This will probably take 10-15 minutes to get it to a thoroughly mixed ball of deliciousness. Roll the scrumdiliumptiness into small balls. Melt the almond bark. Roll balls around in the almond bark. Place coated balls on wax paper. Let them dry and harden. (Putting them in the fridge hardens them nice and fast and then they taste better too.) If you want to add the color strips, add food coloring to remaining almond bark and put in a small ziploc bag and snip the tip off the corner and use it like a cake decorating thingy. (Am I technical or what!) And last, but definitely not least... ENJOY!! (Or give them to your neighbors to make them like you.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Serena said...

yummy! I miss these, I think you just inspired me to make them - and I miss you too. I hope you have fun in ND, when do you leave? I love your sense of humor, I should have you post this on my cooking blog!

The Hiller Family said...

yummy! I wish I were one of your close neighbors!

Unknown said...

I remember you making these for us one year. They were REALLY good! So if you head up this way.... j/k.