Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Belated Labor Day to Me

On Labor Day, we had a great idea... let's grill some steaks! (Very original for Labor Day, I know!) Well, we had that thought a little too late. We wanted our steaks defrosted and marinated and it was already 3 pm. So, we decided to have our steaks on Tuesday night. On Tuesday around noon, I made up some marinade and started the tantalizing soak. When Jason got home from work, he went out to start the grill.

He tried. And he tried. And he tried. Nothing. Nothing but a dinky little flame that couldn't even roast a marshmallow.

We hoped to have better luck on Wednesday night.
We didn't.

This grill has been doing this to us since we got it. The neighbors who it was purchased from (by my parents) didn't take very good care of it. It has never been reliable enough to have a BBQ party with people, because we never knew if it would start.
Frankly, I hate the thing!
And our steaks were still marinating!
So, I put my foot down and said we were buying a new grill.
I did a little internet research and found my grill!

Isn't she a beauty! She can cook up to 24 burgers at one time! But more importantly... she can cook 2 steaks that have been marinating for a good and long time!

Here's a few more of her first photo shoot:


Well, if you must know the steaks turned out absolutely fabulous. Jason even thought they were better than the steaks he had recently at TX Roadhouse and Ruby Tuesday. (He grilled them so he wasn't just trying to flatter me.)

Here is the yummy marinade recipe for those who want to copy us.

Steak Marinade

1 Tbs minced garlic
1 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs cider vinegar
2 Tbs wine or water
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Marinate for 6 hours. (Or 54 hours if you want to be like me.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what an excellent marinade is....salsa. Yum! Try it next time.

Jill said...

Where did you buy it? It looks just like the one we have. congrats!

Serena said...

I'm coming to your house for dinner! And I like the 54 hour marinade idea :)

Giggles said...

She's a beauty!

Leesa Marie Jones said...

It looks awesome!
Did you buy it new?
How unlike you, I expected KSL or the DI!!

Aaron and Carolyn said...

Nice! I think we need to come over for a BBQ :)