This is what my $15 got me today:
Veggies:
-head of Romaine
-spinach
-8 tomatoes
-4 artichokes
-6 oz radish
-3 cucumbers
Fruit:
-10 bananas
-9 apples
-7 kiwis
-cantaloupe
-honey dew
-3 containers blackberries
Sam is so excited to see all this fruit... I feel like I don't buy much fresh produce because of the cost... but I can do $15! I'm hoping to do this every other week, since my family is only so big and can only eat so much fruit and vegetables!
I'm hoping this encourages healthy snacking..... apples vs. Easter candy... I think the chance is high!
7 comments:
Wow you already have this posted on the blog. What time did you do pick up down there. The only difference is we got 9 romas instead of 8 so really close. That is fun to know. Glad you are happy with it.
I wondered if everyone got the same stuff or if each site was different... now I know! My pickup was at 7:30.
Yeah, we have been doing the basket thing for a few months, and can I just say...Holy smokes. I love it so much. And we get one every week and still manage to finish all of it. I love, love, LOVE all the produce and the prices.
Good job! I wish we could do that down here!
You'll have to post later and tell us how you like it. I've been concidering doing it, but just don't know.
P.S. This is la ex-hermana Halladay (hija de hna. lundquist)
Okay so this is what you were talking about at bunco. I love this idea. Is there anyway I could do something like this? How do you sign up?
Alright, so I am not the most computer savvy person, but before I left your blog I saw you could click on bountiful baskets. So I guess I figured it out. Let me know if there are any special tips. Peace out.
Post a Comment