Wednesday, February 2, 2011

macey's makes me happy

I love bargains, so every week I look through the grocery store sale ads hoping to find an awesome sale with very little effort on my part. (Couponing sounds awesome, but way too much work.)

For the last several weeks the Macey's ad has had a recipe for a crock pot meal for a family of 6 that costs only $14. All of the recipes look delicious, and I'm a super big fan of the whole crock pot idea, so I clip it out and pile it on the bakers rack. (Then Jason 'cleans up' and throws it away.)

This week the recipe is for Pork Barbacoa. Yeah... that sounds super yummy. So I thought I would put it on my menu and hope I remember to buy the pork before Sunday.


Today I needed to make a quick run to the store for dinner tonight and they had samples. (Also pathetically a super fan of samples!) I asked if it was the recipe from the ad... which it was, so I decided to get the pork that she pointed out to me.

It was then she told me that she had a bag prepared with almost all the stuff that I would need to make it. I then realized that the $14 wasn't just an estimate of about how much it would cost... they put the bags together with the majority of the supplies and you buy the bag for exactly $14.


So I bought all this for just $14:


Considering the pork was over $15 by itself.... I think I got myself a screaming deal! I figure it would have cost just under $30 to buy all of these items individually.

And since my family is small, this will provide 2-3 meals for us.

And yes, they do this every week with a new recipe. Next week is spare ribs. I think I found an easy way to plan our Sunday dinners for a while!

Here's the recipe if you want to make it... or better yet, go to Macey's and get it for $14!

1 comment:

Giggles said...

Okay. That is just awesome! I wish places around here did stuff like that, or case lot sales even. I'd definitely love something like that.