When he asked me to marry him, I knew he would be a wonderful husband, but I didn't realize to what extent. He still continues to be my knight in shining armor! Today the doorbell rang and I opened the door to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers. He is so sweet to me. (I won't say what the note said... that's private!) I love when he wraps me in his arms and holds me close to him. I love hearing the beating of his heart, and thinking of the joy that heart brings to my life.
I never doubted that he would be a great father, and I see how much he loves our children and I know that I made a wise choice for my posterity. I am so blessed to have 2 beautiful children with him. Right now Livia is looking at me and giving me huge, beautiful, toothless smiles, and it is bringing tears to my eyes. Tears of pure joy and gratitude. Gratitude that because of choices that we have made, we are an eternal family. I am blessed that Jason, and our children will be by my side for the rest of all time.
How many dads get in the tub with their kid? Sam had so much fun taking a bath with daddy!
Jason has so much love for animals. I won't even mention all the crazy pets he has convinced me to let him have (and that's just in 4 years...)
I think it is so fun watching him play with Sam and Maggie. They all love to wrestle, I prefer to watch. It makes me smile to watch them play together.
I love the new-found tenderness he has for his baby girl. I know that she will grow up knowing that she deserves respect because of the love her daddy has for her.
Jason is the love of my life. I thank my Heavenly Father every day that I have been so blessed to have a good and honest and righteous man at my side. He is a strength to me. He supports me and loves me and helps me to be a better person. He brings so much joy into my heart and my home.
We have had our struggles and challenges. We have disagreed with each other, we have each caused hurt feelings, yet through it all we never doubted our love, we never questioned our devotion, and we never regretted our decision to be married for time and all eternity.
This sounds geeky, but he really does complete me. I am a better person because he is my husband. Jason, I love you with all that I am. Happy Anniversary my love.
4 comments:
That was sweet and tender! Thanks for sharing with all of us your feelings for your hubby. I have hope to find someone for myself. Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary you cheesy love birds!! What did you do on your special day!?
Wow! 4 years! I remember when you guys were dating. Oh and just so you know, I didn't think it was cheesy at all. In fact, I actually wanted to say thank you. You basically just shared your testimony about eternal marriage and I needed it. As one who has recently experienced some heart break, it was nice to be reminded of how my life can be once the RIGHT guy comes along, rather than wallowing in my sorrows about something that didn't work out. Everything you wrote was like a lightbulb going off for me and made me realize what a girl really deserves, so THANK YOU! (and Jason...Congratulations for being a real man!)
You have two kids!!! Where have I been? Congrats and sorry that I have not followed your blog more. I love the pics with all of the flour, little boys just seem to have all the fun.
Post a Comment