Thursday, July 30, 2009

any ideas?

Since we moved in I have been wanting to do something with the space above the cupboards. I haven't thought of anything that I am excited about though...
Any ideas for me?


And this little monkey... every time I go in to get her from her crib, some body part(s) is/are sticking out of it. I've heard that bumpers aren't that safe... is that true? And if it is, what can I put there to keep her WHOLE body inside the crib at all times? Because, let's face it... that cannot be comfortable!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I hate that space above my cupboards. I feel like there's not enough space to do anything decorative, but it looks tacky to store stuff there. So I store stuff there. And I use bumpers in my crib. I think it's false that they're not safe.

The Hiller Family said...

Do you remember what I have above mine!?? Get the stuff on clearance (mine at at least 75% off) at Joann's after season!!

Also, this may be a case where a crib bumper might be a safe option!! :)

Serena said...

You could put our disceted (spelling) barbies up there if you can peel them off of the lamps we melted their hair onto :) it would make for a fun display. I'm a fan of leavy silk leaves mixed with cut themed decorations - bird houses maybe? or roosters are a hot item at Roberts for some reason? Or tin stars, that would be fun!

Giggles said...

I say get some garland something or other (I have sunflower garland along the edge of mine) and then get some storage baskets and cool looking canisters (maybe in red!) and store stuff up there.

Aaron and Carolyn said...

I am all about the bumpers. I've heard they aren't safe but I think that is silly. It would make sense that they wouldn't be that safe for a newborn that couldn't get away and suffocate in them but not for someone Livias age- plus, I still use them for my babies of all ages.
The cupboards- I store food storage above mine. It isn't pretty. I think that if I had a pretty house instead of a small kitchen I would do something pretty like stars and 4th of July/ independence nick nacks.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I have all of my white platters up there, cake platters, and big turkey platters and stuff, along with a tiny vase of bright pink daisies and a few fancy looking cookbooks. I'm sure I haven't done a great job of giving you a visual, but that's what I've got up there. My good friend used to display all of her gorgeous vases and platters up there and I loved it! Your kitchen is fabulous by the way!