Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It pays to Discover

My sister Ronda had 6 passes to the Discovery Museum at the Gateway. But she only needed 4. So she asked if we'd like to join her. Obviously I said, "YES!"

I still needed to buy one more pass since anyone between the ages of 1 and 65 cost $8.50. But as I was about to buy my pass, a nice lady asked me if I would like her extra pass. I smiled and said, "YES!" So with only having to pay $2 for parking... it turned out to be a pretty cheap day. (Other than my brief visit to the gift shop on behalf of the Easter Bunny. But Jason doesn't need to know that.)

We were there from 10 am until almost 5 pm. Let's just say Sam and Livia had a blast! It is such a cool place! I was tempted to play too! But I didn't want to look like the 5 year old I felt inside....

This place is basically a glorified playroom. A very large one. Very cute too.

I took about 130 pictures and videos, so even though this post is long and has lots of photos, it actually IS the edited version! For some reason I'm having trouble with some of the videos, so there's only two. I will probably put some more on the kids' blogs later.

In the meanwhile, feel free to take a lookie at my kiddos loving life as a child.




















This is my niece Brynja. As you can see, she loves the water area!!




Livia pulled her pig tails out. But at least she waited until we got to the car.

Sam showing off his new train toy.

And this would be Sam tickling Livia's head. Don't ask me why. But she thought he was funny so it works!


Here is a video of Livia in the ball area.




Sam never has been much for grocery shopping.

4 comments:

Megan said...

So totally worth it, huh? I love that place for Andrew.

Giggles said...

We went to the children's museum here on Saturday and had a blast. I need some toys like that at my place.

Leesa Marie Jones said...

I love museums like that, they are so fun when kids get to actually touch stuff and play. Too bad we never went there!

Brooke said...

gotta love a museum where you get to sit back and watch your kids have fun.
i love that giraffe dress your daughter is wearing. so cute.