Problem... I'm not that creative.
We did have a pretty good week last week, and we went to the park for 2 hours today, so I'm feeling ok about my latest success. But I am almost out of new ideas already.
So here's your assignment! Share some activities/crafts/treats you do with your kids that I can copy! (And keep in mind I am typically car-less during the day.... not much leaving-the-house-other-than-prego-walking-distance going on here.)
Here's a little summary of last week, in case you're interested:
On Sunday we baked some chocolate cupcakes for daddy.
Then we made froot loop necklaces.
Here we did some outside playing since the sun was mostly shining.
One day we made chocolate worm cookies.
They can be so sweet when they get along. Here is Sam "reading" books to Liv.
And they love to color. The whole book sharing thing is quite new though...
I will say, I have seen a big improvement in their behavior and my attitude since focusing more on the quality time issue... which is why I want to continue.
So please help me with more ideas!!
6 comments:
http://meetthedubiens.blogspot.com/
Lots of fun crafty ideas with kids. I love her fun food fridays, but have never actually made the effort. :)
You're doing really well! I'm really impressed - good work! I have to say that most of my ideas you have already done. A couple more might be learning a fun song together, working on puzzles, playing a kid game together, making cards to deliver to friends/family/grandparents, or cleaning together with music on in the background.
Hopefully a few of these are helpful. Good luck continuing with these and feel free to continue sharing what you guys are doing. I just might copy you too. :)
I LOVE this idea of yours Sally! I miss you and have lots of catching up to do with you. How is the prego life going? As far as ideas, I'm thinking it would be fun to build a lego man/toy car/barbie world...oh wait, I mean that was MY favorite thing to do when I was little, letting the whole world stretch out into roads and houses (the houses were doileys) and it would take up the whole floor and hallways :)
Also, I have an activity book at home that talked about making puppets, ones made out of paper lunch bags, and others that were made out of felt/fleece and you hot glued them into finger puppets. You could also make them king and queen crowns with a thick paper and have them decorate them with feathers and beads and sequins and lettering :)
My kids can sit for hours with water color paints and a $.10 note book from walmart (during back to school sales of course). They wash right off my counter so I don't care how messy they are. We also paint in giant coloring books. Very fun. And great for fine motor skills.
And never forget the power of games like Memory and Candyland.
I do not regularly entertain small children, so I have no idea. But I'll see what I can find for you.
try this site: http://prekinders.com/ it has so many fun learning ideas to do with kids that are so easy to set up. most of the stuff you have probably have at home, and if not, it would take one trip to the dollar store to grab some stuff. check out the stuff under centers and themes.
Post a Comment