Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fireproof

Yesterday when Jason came home from work, he walked in with these:


Let me guess... you're jealous... and you should be!
I am married to an incredibly amazing man!

Also, as part of our date, he rented the movie Fireproof.
For those of you that haven't heard of it, it is a movie about a young couple with some serious marital problems. The story is about what they do about it. It probably has some of the worst acting I've ever seen (other than my high school Junior play) so don't plan on voting on it to win any awards... but the reason it was a great movie is because of the principles that were taught. It focuses a lot on the importance of including God in your marriage... which I will most definitely agree that God is the binding force in my marriage, as I believe He is in most relationships.
As part of our Christmas present from Jason's parents, they gave us a book called The Love Dare.

This book is based off of this movie. Jason's parents encouraged us to watch the movie and read (and do) the book together as a couple to strengthen our marriage. I had forgotten about the movie, so when Jason brought it home, I was surprised and happy that he would take it upon himself to find it (he's not a big fan of chick flicks) and rent it (from Redbox.)
We haven't made it too far into the book, but it consists of a short chapter and a dare for the day for 40 days. One main thing it teaches is how to truly love your spouse. And the other main thing is the importance of God in your relationship. It was created by a Baptist Church in Georgia. I think that any and all marriages can be edified by seeing the movie and reading the book.
It has helped me to see that I have so much to learn in the world of knowing how to love someone. And seeing the couple in the movie, helped me see not only that I have a great husband, but that we have a great marriage because of our faith and belief in God.

3 comments:

Jared and Allyson said...

Nice Jason. Thanks for making the rest of us look bad. :)

The Hiller Family said...

I've heard of this movie and have wondered about it! I had no idea there was also a book! I will have to check into it!! Thanks!
Great work Jason!

Anonymous said...

I love that movie! It was a bit cheesy at first, but towards the end I was crying of course. Check out the roses my honey gave me on my blog. Yours isn't the only thoughtful one.