I love to have people over for dinner... but I get a little embarrassed by my dishes. We got a set of dishes for our wedding (over 4 years ago) that are clear... well, supposed to be clear. Since our dishwasher is so super awesome, (please pick up on that sarcasm so this makes sense,) all the dishes had a gross cloudy look to them... aka UGLY! I scrubbed and scrubbed, but without results. Then our classy friends Justin and Megan came for dinner. Usually I would use paper plates because my dishes were so embarrassing... yeah, pretty bad if paper seems to be the better option! And they told us the beauty and charm of vinegar. (Never saw that coming.)

Last night we finally got around to trying it... Ta da!! They look like new! After Jason washed them I realized I should have taken a before and after picture, but sorry, I guess I didn't have my blogging cap on.

Can you even tell you're looking through a plate? Ok, so yeah you can, thanks to the circle and slight distortion... but that's pretty impressive don't you think?

Hmmmph. Vinegar. Whoda thunk?
6 comments:
Hurray!!
I LOVE using vinegar to clean stuff. It's a trick I learned when I did custodial work at BYU - they use it on everything! I have a spray bottle full of it and love to use it around the sink for those terrible hard water stains. Enjoy your "new plates" :)
Yeah, I found out the hard way that vinegar is one of the best cleaning agents in the kitchen. If you mix it with baking soda in the drain it will clear a plugged drain too!!! Glad your dishes are beautiful- kinda surprised you use glass. I remember in college that we once had the glass dished vs. the plastic dishes. Enjoy your beautiful dishes! :)
That is amazing! I will no longer be using vinegar JUST for Josh's philippino dishes anymore - I will also think of pickles in a different way!
Here's to vinegar... Thanks for reminding me of this tip!
I'm so glad it worked!! Your dishes look awesome. So let's have dinner sometime soon. And Jason's super sweet, btw. Loved the post about your date night. I'm sending a link of it to justin to give him some clues. :)
Of course Justin & Megan knew a solution. I am convinced they should write a book. Ok, so 2 things:
#1 I want to have a Spain food night soon, so let's try to plan it again, and you can bring your dishes if you'd like and
#2 After reading Megan's comment, I'm glad to see that even married guys need "a clue" sometimes
Post a Comment