For a 2 year old, I think Sam speaks fairly well. I (and sometimes others) can understand most of what he says. However, he does have a few words that only a select few (such as his mommy and daddy) will understand.
So here's the challenge. I will give you a quiz of my favorite sammy-isms... you give your best guess and the person who gets the most correct is the winner! (For your prize, I'll send your kid some stickers.) In a few days, I'll post the correct answers, so hurry, the clock is ticking....
1. goon-goon
2. pon-pong (2 words apply)
3. bowie
4. hoppy
5. owe-ee (3 correct answers here)
6. pees (and 3 again. and you'll need all 3 of these to get credit for this one)
Have fun!
Picking your own
6 years ago
5 comments:
I honestly have no idea.
Yikes! I thought I might be able to guess a couple, but I only have slightly good guesses for #5 & 6. (Plus, those one of both of those is obvious and I'm sure someone else can figure those ones out.) I love that parents have to translate some of their kids words for others around. We're doing that a lot right now with Brig.
You're so creative - good post!
Okay, so most of these I am totally guessing, but maybe I'll get one or two.
1. All gone
2. Papa or grandpa
3. ?brownie?
4. ?happy
5. hurry, owie(like a hurt), or I can't think of anything else.
6. please, piece, and peas?
Like I said total guesses. I too have to translate for Stella sometimes. Even Josh can't understand everything she says. It is easier when you hear it in context too.
I give it a shot. I'm not sure if I'm even close though.
1. goon-goon: gone-gone
2. pon-pong: ping pong
3. bowie: boy
4. hoppy: happy
5. owe-ee: doggie, owie, sorry
6. pees: please, peas...
I know that number 6 is pleas and number 5 could be owie- like a boo boo. The others, I am not sure. I even asked Aaron for his guesses but he was no help. I will keep thinking and get back to you on the others.
Post a Comment