Monday, March 16, 2009

Part III: Jelly Belly

We were in Stockton, about 30-45 minutes from Sacramental... and the Jelly Belly Factory! Yes, the Jelly Belly Factory that gives free tours!



Everyone was required to wear a Jelly Belly hat during the tour. But they said the baby was ok to not wear one.


I wasn't sure if it was because she doesn't actually have any hair... or because the hat engulfed her whole head, disabling her to breathe...

It was really cool to see how they make the beans. The flavoring section smelled so yummy! They were flavoring blueberry, strawberry daiquiri and cherry berry when we were there... it was purely delightful!

After the tour, you can walk by the sample bar and they will give you as many as you are willing to ask for. Then there is a little shop where you can buy any of their flavors... and their irregular beans they call Belly Flops. I personally could care less about the shape... I'm all about the taste! (We bought 3 bags of Belly Flops... and each picked out a bag of our own personal favorites. I'm embarrassed to say... buy we spent over $40 on jelly beans!)

3 comments:

Giggles said...

Are you set for Easter with jelly beans then? Or will they all be gone by then?

The Hiller Family said...

Are you sure you were in stockton?? The only CA jelly belly tour is in Fairfield- where we lived! I think we probably went about 5 times in 1 year!!
And where is Sacramental?

Sally said...

oops, that's sacramento! silly me! we stayed in stockton, which is close to sacramento, and went to fairfield, but i called it sacramento, because more people know where that is and it's close enough for me!