Saturday, April 25, 2009

birthday blast

Jason is so good at making my birthday a special day. (It was yesterday.) He and Sam made me breakfast in bed and woke me up by singing Happy Birthday to me.

Later that morning, our awesome friend, Megan Martin, (THANK YOU AGAIN!!) watched the kids so I could meet up with Jason and go out to lunch and a movie with him. We went to the Training Table to eat, then hopped on over (not literally) to the theater to see Mall Cop. (Funny, but very cheesy.)


Jason then had to return to work for a couple of hours. We met up at home and then took the kids to Fat Cats to enjoy a couple of games of bowling.

Sam had a blast!







Game 1: I did pretty good with a score of 198. Turkeys help quite a bit. But, I choked at the end, I should have broken 200 easy! Grrr.

Game 2: Not so hot for me. Jason did pretty good. Oh, yeah, and my two year old beat me too. He did have bumpers, but he really didn't use them all that much. If you look closely, he got a strike in frame 4. (He's the bottom one.) 124 for a kid who is not yet 3 is pretty darn good!










After bowling, we went next door to Costa Vida to get our usual. Pork burrito, enchilada style... mmmmm. Love it.


After we put the kids to bed, we played a game of Stratego, one of my birthday gifts from Jason. (He must really love me if he is willing to get me another game!) (He doesn't really like to play games too often... and I do!)


It was a very full and fun day. I'm so lucky to have such an awesome husband who loves me and treats me so good, not only on my birthday, but every day of the year.

4 comments:

KayStar said...

happy late b day yo! and I love Stratego! My brother and I use to play it for hours.... yes, what a fun child hood I had! have a good weekend, you know birthdays last a whole week in my house, see if you can pull that one off?

Giggles said...

Um, I went bowling last year when I wasn't quite 30 and didn't get a 124 (although I'm pretty sure I did get above 100). Good job Sam!

And Happy Birthday Sally!

Mrs Ana said...

You certainly deserve it. You are such a wonderful person with a beautiful spirit. I've always been so impressed by you. So here's to a wonderful birthday! You have a beautiful family!

Aaron and Carolyn said...

Aaron and I went on a date to see mall cop a couple weeks ago. Hilarious. Aaron's mom saw it twice in theaters - and she usually cant stay awake during a movie.
Happy birthday. What is it? The big 28?