Friday, August 7, 2009

one of those days

Yesterday was just one of those days. With the help of a few key moments, I started the day really cranky... and only got crankier as the day went on. Every little thing annoyed me. My poor kids. And poor Jason. He called at lunch time to see how my day was, and he could tell I wasn't very pleasant. I should've been nicer.

When Jason got home from work, I was up in our bedroom folding some laundry... and I was still in a bad mood. And I still needed to get ready for Bunco... a major highlight of my month. We were all upstairs while I was getting ready, and Sam kept telling me he wanted to show me something. Since he says that for everything, I didn't want to go with him. Finally, I was ready to leave, still with a not-so-pleasant attitude. I said goodbye and headed downstairs, with Sam still wanting to show me something. As I walked into the kitchen, Sam proudly pointed to something on the counter...



All day long I had been upset with everything and everyone. I had been feeling that Jason expected me to be this perfect housekeeper and gardener and everything else... which I am clearly not, which makes me feel like I am a complete failure at my roles in life. I know he didn't mean to hurt my feelings, and I know I'm overly sensitive about things like that because I'm not good at it. He really did tell me in the nicest way possible what he was feeling and I of course always take it the wrong way.

Jason, I am sorry for always being so overly sensitive and cranky when you try to help me be better. I know that you appreciate what I do and the things that I am good at doing. Thank you for your patience with me as I work on my weaknesses. Thank you for being better at expressing yourself than I am at it. The flowers are beautiful and it really changed my heart when I saw how much you care. I love you.

No comments: