Thursday, November 5, 2009

Crazy4KenKen

Recently I have discovered a new number game. It's called KenKen. It's similar to Sudoku, but adds math to the puzzle. Jason thinks I'm crazy... since he calls it homework! But I love it! The Readers Digest had for several months a sample of it, and I went back through all of them and found them. Now I have done them all. They just have the 4x4 and 6x6 puzzles, but I just discovered that they have all sizes! I'm so excited to try out the harder ones! It's so fun!! You can click on KenKen to check it out. You can print them off and enjoy!

Here is a sample puzzle:

Here are the rules:
For a 3x3 puzzle, fill in with numbers 1-3.
For a 4x4 puzzle, fill in with numbers 1-4.
For a 5x5 puzzle, fill in with numbers 1-5.
For a 6x6 puzzle, fill in with the numbers 1-6.
For a 7x7 puzzle, fill in with the numbers 1-7.
For a 8x8 puzzle, fill in with the numbers 1-8.
For a 9x9 puzzle, fill in with the numbers 1-9.

Do not repeat a number in any row or column.
The numbers in each heavily outlined set of squares, called cages, must combine (in any order) to produce the target number in the top corner of the cage using the mathematical operation indicated.
Cages with just one box should be filled in with the target number in the top corner.
A number can be repeated within a cage as long as it is not in the same row or column.

2 comments:

TPlayer said...

In the fall of 2006 I saw one of these on a plane from SLC to Kansas City. My friend and I spent the ENTIRE flight working on it together. We LOVED it, but neither of us was able to find one after that and we soon gave up our search. Thank you for reintroducing me!

Jenny said...

Mustang,
I just did my first KenKen and I think I might be addicted! I love how much you blog! I feel like we will never loose touch!

FYI-My mom told me she is going to buy a Mustang in the next year or two. I could not help thinking of you!