Ok, so it wasn't horrible, but the turkey was a little dry and over cooked in my opinion. Jason said it tasted great, but I think he knew that he had to tell me that since he's my husband.
Thankfully my mother-in-law was available that morning to walk me through the whole turkey-going-in-the-oven process. Then, my brother-in-law, Ron, assisted in the whole turkey-coming-out-of-the-oven process.
I'm embarrassed to say that I've never even made mashed potatoes! So clearly I needed help in that department as well. Thank you Ron and Ronda and Dan and Leesa for all your help!
The kids had to stay in the kitchen... for obvious reasons!
Adam and Brynja even had their own little table.
And did I mention I only have enough silverware to feed 8 people? This was the silverware tray before we even got to the pie! Thank goodness for plastic forks!
Maybe by the next time I get to host I will be a little better equipped for such an occasion! But even without the proper dishware and seating, it was so nice to be with 2 of my 3 sisters (Swensons and mom and dad, we really missed you!) We enjoyed the day together and I am so grateful for my family and the closeness we share. I have the best family ever!
(Then to make my day even better, Ronda invited Sam to go to her house for a couple of days... I don't think she realized at the time what she was in for though!) Thanks Ronda! It's always nice to get a break from a 3 year old!
4 comments:
I'm glad you had a fun time. We missed you guys too.
Sally,
So, I never look at blogs directly because I just read them through Reader, but yours looks super cute! And, I need your street address. Will you email it to me? meganmartin1@gmail.com. thanks.
I was thinking that I should have you invite me to your kids blogs so i can see them- you don't write on this one as much anymore. cameyer@hotmail.com
It's really great that you have a home where you can host thanksgiving- now you know what you will need for the next time. And the aniversary- super jealous. Has it really been five years?! I remember going to your reception.
you did great! You can do if every year if it means I never have to clean my house for it! Turkey is always dry anyway!!
Post a Comment