
Argentina... a very different (from what I am used to) and amazing place. A country that I love and whose people I love even more. (Most of them anyway....)
Today is the 6th anniversary of my return from Argentina. Yesterday marked the day that I left that awesome place. I left at 10:30 pm as scared to leave as I was to come! After 18 months of always having someone around... I had to fly halfway across the world by myself. I sat next to an 80-something year old grandpa who didn't speak Spanish (my English was a bit rough by then) and was hard of hearing. He finally just went to sleep.... I took the hint. And the tears rolled down my cheek as I watched the lights of Buenos Aires diminish from my sights. I wondered then, and I wonder still, will I ever see those lights again? It was bittersweet.
After 24 hours of airports and airplanes... I arrived in Bismarck, North Dakota.... only to be greeted by most of my extended family and several members of the Bismarck Ward. I was reminded how blessed I was to have such dear family and friends!
And I am still blessed by those same people! And more! I am blessed for the amazing time I had in Buenos Aires and I wouldn't change my decision to go on a mission for anything!
Here are a few photos I pulled from a mission friend's facebook page... sorry for the mini-ness of them all.





6 comments:
Who is that gorgeous latina sister who appears in all of the photos with you? I've probably missed out, surely she's married by now... to some really lucky guy.
I liked that you said you were as scared to leave as you were to arrive. I can definitely relate to that.
You forgot to mention how you wondered around in the Denver Airport in between your flights home to look for your MTC companion who also finshed the mission with you. You truely did (do) love Argentina and the people you served--and those you served with. It is hard to believe that six years has gone by since we sang that song "Don't cry for me Argentina" in the Buenos Aires Airport right before we said good bye to eachother. ¡Te Amo Hermana! Nunca voy a olvidarte y tu ejemplo de fé y caridad.
Argentina has a special place in my heart because my sister in-law is from Santa Fe. I believe that's southern Argentina. What great pictures and memories.
Como vuela el tiempo,no puedo creerlo!Me siento feliz que tuvimos un tiempo juntas!fuiste un ejemplo de humildad y amor hacia las personas ahi!! nunca olvidare ese tiempo!
pd:quieres las fotos mas grandes??
besos!
bj, so yeah, you're right, she's married to a really lucky guy... too bad you missed out, maybe you'll get a chance with her though... i bet she'd think you were pretty cute... and may even consider giving you a chance too! it's worth a shot! let me know if you want her number...
Post a Comment