Monday, September 19, 2011

happy little treasure boxes

My kids seem to like random "treasures" like rocks and sticks and random pieces of plastic they find in parking lots... and they always want to keep them, because they are "so special!"

My neighbor told me her kids do the same thing... so I made some cute little boxes for them to put all their special souvenirs in... and once it's full, well, no more special treasures get to be saved....

Here's the one I made for Liv's little friend, Jamison.


His sisters made theirs, but I didn't get pictures of them. And Sam's never actually got finished yet. (I'll get there....)

And here's Livia's:


Liv picked this paper, and I took the liberty to make it presentable for her. (She's not so awesome with scissors, glue and tape yet.)



And I actually had fun doing it! But now I'm worried she'll get my cute little box that I worked so hard on dirty, or break it or something....

Let it go, Sally. Let it go.

3 comments:

Scott+Tiffany said...

What a great idea! I especially love the "treasure" management. : )

Giggles said...

THAT would've been an excellent idea for me when I was a kid. In fact, it might not be such a bad idea now. Considering I have a closet full of boxes that contain way more "treasures" than I will ever actually unpack. I'm a bigger person so I might need a slightly bigger box, but limiting it to just one would be so freeing.

Jared and Allyson said...

Cute boxes! Now that I've seen the hair cutting post, your comment on Livi not being so awesome with scissors takes on a whole new meaning (although I know it was really Sam that did the cutting). Funny!

Good luck keeping those fingerprint and grime free, but at least you've documented them in their cute, clean state.