Wednesday, September 7, 2011

laborin' away at deer creek

For the last few years on Labor Day we have done a day of boating and jet skiing at Deer Creek with Jason's family. This year we did it the Saturday before, which was good thanks to the weather. (Last year was just down right cold on Labor Day, so it was nice to have lots of sun this time!)

Jason fell in love with the jet ski (different than a wave runner... didn't know these things existed, you kneel or stand instead of sit.) Which I realized I never got a picture of, which is funny since Jason was on it half the time we were there! I went on it for a short trip, and it really is pretty fun! Until my legs fell asleep cuz I'm not adventurous enough to stand...

The kids of course loved it. Even Annie enjoyed the day. Until she got whacked in the head by an AWOL frisbee... And no, she wasn't in her car seat ALL day, just when she napped. And a little bit here and there.



Livia didn't want to go near the water or on the boat or anything since it's "too scawey" and "my don't like it" which she says for EVERYTHING!! So she hung out by the snack table instead....


Sam found his cousin Andrew (who is behind him in the water) and we hardly saw him again. They were inseparable, playing in the sand, playing in the water, he loved it. Andrew did convince him to get in the boat, but that only lasted less than 10 minutes... just enough time to go rescue Aunt Shelly and the gas-less jet ski and bring them back to shore. Then he was done boating....


On the way home, we found a little friend that our nephew, Brigham, apparently put in our towel. This little guy was climbing up Livia's window, and due to her over-exhaustion, she was not a fan.... Then he found her car seat. That's when freaked out progressed to terrified...



You can see the caterpillar a little bit on the side of her carseat. And who knew anyone could lift their legs like that!
I should have been a good mother and rescued her right away, but I thought it was too funny. She was scared he was going to bite her. When I gave it to Sam, all was well in everyone's world again.

2 comments:

Aaron and Carolyn said...

Ahhh, tired children. Poor Livia.

Giggles said...

I'd hang out at the snack table too!