Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting closer...

I am now 37 1/2 weeks, so only 2 1/2 weeks until my due date... and the date that I decided this baby WILL come. I don't think I'll be one of those lucky women that goes into labor on her own, it's not really a common occurrence in my family. Since I went a week over with Sam, and he was a baby of 'goodly size' according to my doctor (8 lbs 12 oz) my doctor told me he's willing to induce me as early as 39 weeks. Jason and I discussed when we think it would be convenient to have another child and we decided to just go with the due date, September 26. (Unless I am the family freak and go into labor sooner...) So that is the plan! We will have a baby in 2 1/2 weeks! We still haven't agreed on any boy names, so it would probably be easier on me if it's a girl. But since I already have boy stuff, a boy would be nice too. Guess we'll all find out in 17 days!
I haven't really taken many prego pictures, I think I'm a bad pregnant lady. But here I am as of today. I personally don't think I look 8 1/2 months pregnant, but I am. This baby is apparently quite a bit smaller than chunky ol' Sam. I've been measuring on the smaller end my entire pregnancy, and since my insides appear to be a soccer field, my doctor isn't concerned about the size. I'm pretty sure I won't be meeting an 8 1/2+ lb baby though... which is fine with me! I think it also helps that Sam gives me a daily workout whether I want it or not...

7 comments:

Giggles said...

You make a beautiful pregnant lady!

How about if it's a boy you name it John. September 26th is Johnny Appleseed Day.

Sally said...

I'd probably rather go with Appleseed. Thanks for the date info though...

Lindsay said...

You are adorable! I still can't believe you haven't found out what you are having yet! I would go nuts. Congrats and I can't wait to see the new Cook!

Brooke said...

I had no idea you were that close. How exciting. Two kids! Make sure to post pictures of the new baby. My guess is a girl, by the way.

Alisa F. said...

You look great Sally! And I love your hair - I can't believe you let it get so long. Mine's about HALF that length and I want to chop it. :) And I love your painted rooms - very cute!

Lady Carolyn said...

Hey Cooks! I saw your link on Karie's blog. Sam's getting so big! How are you guys??? --Carrie Teasdale
(SP 9th alumni:)

Carolina said...

hola hermosa!!
encontre tu blog en facebook, me encanto, tu bebe es tan lindoooo,con cara de desordenado jajaja, y tu te ves bella con tu pancita, espero ver fotos pronto de tu nueva hijita , wow ya vas a tener dos:)
tambien tengo un blog cuando quieras visitarlo.
www.carolinaingram.blogspot.com
espero q todo este bien contigo un abracito gigante !!!