As I mentioned previously, I have been meaning to paint the two upstairs bedrooms since we moved in. Well, I painted the baby's room last week, and really wanted to believe that I would be motivated enough to paint Sam's room as well, before the baby comes. And I did it! This last Thursday I painted from about 8:30 in the morning until almost 10:00 at night, taking a short lunch break and a little time to make and eat a quick dinner. My knees are still killing me and my back, well, let's not mention what that feels like.

I really wanted to finish it in one day, since tape is way too fun to pull off for a 2 year old if left alone with it. I wasn't sure how Sam would do with my face to the wall all day, but he did so good... with a little help (ok a lot of help) from Buzz, Woody and Jessie. I'm embarrassed to admit that he watched Toy Story 2 three times in a row that day... I know, I'm a bad mom. But that is not, nor will it be a frequent adventure for him. He was content to just be watching his movie with me in the room. I wanted to get done with the top half before laying him down for his nap so that I would have the maximum amount of undisturbed time to do the bottom half, where he can actually reach. Right before I was about to lay him down, he saw his friends playing outside and ran out to play with them. I watched him from the window as he sat on the curb and hang out with them. (It was super cute to watch, they all ranged in age from about 2-5.) After a while he made it back to the house and I could hear him down in the garage doing whatever he does in the garage.

At 6:00 when Jason came home from work, I was pretty confident that he was still in the garage just playing around. Jason came upstairs and asked me if I knew where he was. I told him he was in the garage. He then asked if I knew what he was doing... and I got worried. Until Jason started laughing and told me I had to see for myself. I went down to the garage, and this is what I found:

Poor Sam, I could see as he was outside that he was pretty exhausted looking. I figured it he came upstairs and was crabby then I would just lay him down for his nap. But he never made it upstairs, I guess he was just too tired! We put his extra car seat in the garage when we switched vehicles, so he just crawled right in and took his nap... better than the dirty garage floor! While he was asleep some neighbor kids were riding a 4-wheeler pulling one of those little battery operated jeeps that little kids can drive. They were turning the corner in the cul-de-sac and scraping the plastic tires on the street, making a ton of noise, and it didn't even make him stir. I guess I should have laid him down after all! Yet another bad-mom-moment I guess... I really am a better mother most days!!
2 comments:
That is hilarious!
The room looks really good! Way to go! I'm so impressed with your painting skills.
Wow, Sally! Good work on all of your painting projects. You've been busy! Everything looks great!
p.s. I also saw that episode of Rachael Ray and may have an idea about the border for your bedroom project if you haven't already finished it. Although, at the rate you were going it's probably already finished.
Post a Comment